Sorry it took me awhile to get this started. Things have been a bit hectic recently but I didn’t forget!
We’re going to finish our discussion on the novel Bard the Odyssey of the Irish by Morgan Llywelyn on the blog. Our last discussion didn’t happen because of schedule changes and our next meeting will include our Lughnasadh games… So there might not be a lot of time for book chat.
Here are some points that might be worth discussing:
Morgan Llywelyn’s portrayal of the Tuatha de Danann?
- Morgan Llywelyn’s portrayal of the Tuatha de Danann
- Amergin’s relationship with his brothers
- Amergin’s relationship with Shinnan
- The life and death of Odba and Taya
- The role of bards, warriors, and sacrificers in Ireland and Celtic culture in general
- Morgan Llywelyn’s portrayal of Druids
- Sakkar’s transformation